About Me

Woman, reader, writer, wife, mother of two sons, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, state university professor, historian, Midwesterner by birth but marooned in the South, Chicago Cubs fan, Anglophile, devotee of Bruce Springsteen and the 10th Doctor Who, lover of chocolate and marzipan, registered Democrat, practicing Christian (must practice--can't quite get the hang of it)--and menopausal.
Names have been changed to protect the teenagers. As if.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Where's the knife?

I'm in Hour 26 of a Really Bad Headache. Almost 20 years ago, I was in Hour 26 of utterly fruitless labor when the doctor came in and informed me he was doing a C-section. I gotta admit, I thought, "Oh, thank God." So now I'm trying to figure out what's the headache-fixing version of a C-section. All I can come up with is a lobotomy. Which would be just fine, really.

3 comments:

  1. I think it must be our age....headaches are becoming the bane of my life....is it hormones? Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it! An upside down epidural! I'm calling my doctor.

    ReplyDelete