About Me

Woman, reader, writer, wife, mother of two sons, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, state university professor, historian, Midwesterner by birth but marooned in the South, Chicago Cubs fan, Anglophile, devotee of Bruce Springsteen and the 10th Doctor Who, lover of chocolate and marzipan, registered Democrat, practicing Christian (must practice--can't quite get the hang of it)--and menopausal.
Names have been changed to protect the teenagers. As if.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Prayer; Occasioned by Three Days at Home with My Mom and My Mother-In-Law

Dear God,

As I move into the Aging Decades, please:

Let Yes outweigh No in my vocabulary;

Let me ask questions that do not demand certain answers;

Let the words "That's not the way I like it" never pass my lips;

Let "I've never done that" lead to "Show me how."

Pull me into the new.

Shower me with strangeness.

Pour change down upon me.

Forever and ever,

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment