About Me

Woman, reader, writer, wife, mother of two sons, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, state university professor, historian, Midwesterner by birth but marooned in the South, Chicago Cubs fan, Anglophile, devotee of Bruce Springsteen and the 10th Doctor Who, lover of chocolate and marzipan, registered Democrat, practicing Christian (must practice--can't quite get the hang of it)--and menopausal.
Names have been changed to protect the teenagers. As if.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

#2

I pooped in my pants today. Not a lot, but still. . . .

I'm checking my email and I'm aware suddenly that my tummy has gone all rumbly-tumbly topsy-turvy. "Whoa," I realize, "I need to go to the bathroom." And I head on down the hall and then I get distracted. I stop to pick up those shoes that I meant to put in the bedroom and there's Hugh's shirt on the floor and dang, thought I had stowed away that cat toy. . . and before I know it, well, fuck.

Is it blasphemous to think God might speak through bathroom accidents? Because as I sat there, humiliated, I could hear Her voice: "Stay focused on what matters, ya moron." She said it with a lot of love.

But She was laughing at me, no doubt about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment