About Me

Woman, reader, writer, wife, mother of two sons, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, state university professor, historian, Midwesterner by birth but marooned in the South, Chicago Cubs fan, Anglophile, devotee of Bruce Springsteen and the 10th Doctor Who, lover of chocolate and marzipan, registered Democrat, practicing Christian (must practice--can't quite get the hang of it)--and menopausal.
Names have been changed to protect the teenagers. As if.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thanksgiving II

More Things for Which I Am Thankful:

1. Lipstick. I never used to wear lipstick. Even back in my make-up days, when I actually wore liquid foundation every day (I was young; I was foolish; I had time to waste and hope to squander), I did not wear lipstick. The occasional lip gloss, frequent applications of Chapstick, yes, but none of that old lady stick stuff. So, now I'm an almost-old lady. And I thank the Lord for lipstick. I've never seen this discussed in any scientific study or woman's magazine, but lips fade with age, don't they? I mean, I'm quite sure my lips had color when I was young. Now it's like I'm a color photo but my lips are in black and white. Lipstick makes life more livable. Thank you, unknown lipstick inventor.

2. My VW Beetle. I'm not a car person. My first car was a basic 2-door Toyota Tercel. Manual transmission. Manual door locks. Manual windows. Not even any carpet. It went from 0 to 70 in about 15 minutes. And it was fine. But now I have my Beetle. It's cute. It accessorizes well. I fit in it. It's actually spunky and funky. And it has a cd player so I can get my regular injections of Springsteen without any effort. I might not be a car person but I'm a this-car-person. Thank you Volkswagen.

3. HRT. Chances of cancer and heart disease aside, this is great stuff. Thanks, Big Pharma. . . not that you deserve those obscene profits. Just sayin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment