About Me

Woman, reader, writer, wife, mother of two sons, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, state university professor, historian, Midwesterner by birth but marooned in the South, Chicago Cubs fan, Anglophile, devotee of Bruce Springsteen and the 10th Doctor Who, lover of chocolate and marzipan, registered Democrat, practicing Christian (must practice--can't quite get the hang of it)--and menopausal.
Names have been changed to protect the teenagers. As if.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

With Potatos

After over 20 years of marriage, my husband still dumbfounds me.

We're joining a group of friends for dinner tomorrow. We're bringing homemade pizza. Translation: Keith is making pizza. We both went to the grocery store after work today without notifying the other; hence, we have a surfeit of red and green peppers and asparagus. So it will be a peppers and asparagus pizza. We also have an over-abundance of bananas, but one draws the line. Or so I thought.

Til Keith came out and announced that he's doing a peppers and asparagus and potato pizza, so what kind of cheese did I recommend?

Um. Excuse me. Potato? On pizza?

Yes, yes, trust me, it will be fine, so what cheese, says he.

Potato? On pizza?

I have no recommendation for the cheese. I can't get beyond the potato. Marriage. Always an adventure. Even with potatos.

No comments:

Post a Comment