About Me

Woman, reader, writer, wife, mother of two sons, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, state university professor, historian, Midwesterner by birth but marooned in the South, Chicago Cubs fan, Anglophile, devotee of Bruce Springsteen and the 10th Doctor Who, lover of chocolate and marzipan, registered Democrat, practicing Christian (must practice--can't quite get the hang of it)--and menopausal.
Names have been changed to protect the teenagers. As if.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

New Light

I've been looking for a new lamp for awhile and so was delighted to see that my niece today posted a link on her Facebook page to a real possibility: a vagina lamp. (Check it out: http://www.regretsy.com/2011/11/04/cervix-with-a-smile/). But what really tickled me about this lamp was the notation above the picture, which says "Filed in  Decor, Vaginas." I had no idea there was an entire category of vagina decor. I guess I really don't get out enough because I thought my only option was a Georgia O'Keefe flower painting. After all these years of enduring phallic symbols everywhere (especially in Baton Rouge, where the state capital building really should have a condom put on it, it's such an obvious erect penis), I am delighted that vaginas are getting some, um, face time.

No comments:

Post a Comment