About Me

Woman, reader, writer, wife, mother of two sons, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, state university professor, historian, Midwesterner by birth but marooned in the South, Chicago Cubs fan, Anglophile, devotee of Bruce Springsteen and the 10th Doctor Who, lover of chocolate and marzipan, registered Democrat, practicing Christian (must practice--can't quite get the hang of it)--and menopausal.
Names have been changed to protect the teenagers. As if.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Road Trip

I have survived 14 1/2 continuous hours  in an aged Honda Civic with my 16-year-old son. Sounds like a reality show, but no, no show, just reality. The secrets to my survival? A constant stream of junk food, an iPad, and headphones. For him, that is, not for me: Numb the hulk with electronic stimuli, stopper his mouth with copious quantities of saturated fat and an alarming abundance of sodium, and all  is well.

I used to aspire to be a Good Mom. Now I just hope to make it through til morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment