About Me

Woman, reader, writer, wife, mother of two sons, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, state university professor, historian, Midwesterner by birth but marooned in the South, Chicago Cubs fan, Anglophile, devotee of Bruce Springsteen and the 10th Doctor Who, lover of chocolate and marzipan, registered Democrat, practicing Christian (must practice--can't quite get the hang of it)--and menopausal.
Names have been changed to protect the teenagers. As if.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

One of the Wonders of the World

Hugh is due back home in 24 hours. Hugh is 17. I am girding up my emotional loins.

Oh wait. Does "girding up one's loins" means preparing to run away?

As good as an idea as that may be, that's not what I'm doing. Forget the girding.

 I Am Preparing.

 I will be Zen Mom. I will be Gandhi, except with clothes. And without the hunger strikes. Maybe forget the Gandhi.

 I will be a fat, laughing Buddha, implacable in my joy, unmovable in my serenity, a pudgy pyramid of calm assurance. Birds can shit on my head, dogs can piss on my lap, adolescent boys can scream in my face, but I will smile resolutely on. I am going to be one of the Wonders of the World. Parents will whisper my name in awe-struck tones; mothers of teenagers will light incense before my photograph; high schoolers will bow before me.

It's going to be a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. like: Trans additional fat — Bad body fat like trans additional fat have been shown to improve inflammation and DHT. Hair decrease protection diet strategy - Dr. Axe Top Rejuvalex shark tank Remedies: Supplements Protein Powdered from Bone Soup (1–4 servings daily based on bodyweight and individual needs): You can also get you rejuvalex dr oz r day-to-day amount rejuvalex shark tank navicular bone tissue soup from a necessary protein powder. Bone soup powder is rich in necessary protein, collagen, gelatin, glucosamine, chondroitin and key nutrients rejuvalex shark tankten losing in the frequent diet strategy. These vital nutritional value assistance and improve much healthier development rejuvalex shark tank hir as well as several rejuvalex shark tank additional fitness and health advantages. Saw palmetto (320 milligram daily): An all-natural DHT blocker that can greatly improve development rejuvalex shark tank hir. Pygeum (100 mg 2x daily): Addresses the cause rejuvalex shark tank the locks decrease by blocking DHT binding sites and improving prostate fitness and health. Pumpkin seed oil (8 grams or 1 tablespoon daily): Inhibits DHT formation throughout one's entire individual body and contains additional fat that assistance dense locks. Fish oil (1,000 mg daily): Fish-oil allows inflammation

    ReplyDelete