About Me

Woman, reader, writer, wife, mother of two sons, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, state university professor, historian, Midwesterner by birth but marooned in the South, Chicago Cubs fan, Anglophile, devotee of Bruce Springsteen and the 10th Doctor Who, lover of chocolate and marzipan, registered Democrat, practicing Christian (must practice--can't quite get the hang of it)--and menopausal.
Names have been changed to protect the teenagers. As if.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Expelled

I got kicked out of physical therapy yesterday. Failure to progress. My toe has refused to meet the minimum standards of joint movement. It flunked. It is doomed to a deadend job at minimum wage with no benefits.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, tough break for us competitive academic types! Failure is not in our vocab! We are the Good, the Obedient, the Compliant! Does that mean you won't ever walk comfortably? My bunionectomy (horrible word) was one year ago, and I'm just now starting to regain flexibility in the big toe. Do tell of any good shoe options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I'm so glad to hear it's taken so long for you! (I know, I know, totally selfish of me.)So maybe there's still hope (despite my physical therapist's lack of faith in my toe's potential).

    ReplyDelete