About Me

Woman, reader, writer, wife, mother of two sons, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, state university professor, historian, Midwesterner by birth but marooned in the South, Chicago Cubs fan, Anglophile, devotee of Bruce Springsteen and the 10th Doctor Who, lover of chocolate and marzipan, registered Democrat, practicing Christian (must practice--can't quite get the hang of it)--and menopausal.
Names have been changed to protect the teenagers. As if.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Complicated

Got my period again--twice in three months after two years of sterility. Weird. And it raises perplexing questions, like do I actually go out and restock supplies of maxi-pads and tampons, or do I continue making do with constant changes of pantiliners, on the assumption this can't go on? And do I keep taking my cancer-causing, heart attack-inducing, hot flash-relieving hormones or do I stop until I really don't have any more periods?

Who knew aging was so complicated?

No comments:

Post a Comment